We all call Kansas City home and having a positive impact in this community is one of your most important roles. Giving back to your community not only offers a deeper connection to the area you work and live in, but also provides the opportunity to make connections with a new group of people. Whether you are looking to help others, enrich your community, grow your skillset or simply meet people with shared passions, it is important to be present in your community.
ReeceNichols has partnered with United Way of Greater Kansas City to create an initiative that we call Home is the Heart. Through this unique partnership, we’ve been able to make funding available for 60+ local programs that help to create safe and happy homes in Kansas City.
As an agent with ReeceNichols, you have the opportunity to surround yourself with like-minded agents in your office and give back together, through these charities or through those that align even more closely with your personal passions.
Here are 10 ways to give back to your community:
- Host a potluck in your office with all proceeds going to a charity.
- Highlight a different charity/cause in your office sales meetings to build awareness.
- Organize a donation drive for your favorite charity.
- Contact your local food bank to find out their needs – team up with others to fill those needs.
- Buy the person behind you at Starbucks a coffee. Or, groceries at the grocery store.
- Make a donation in your client’s name after each closing.
- Organize a volunteer group to help neighbors with their yard care.
- Donate bottles of water to local charity races.
- Offer up your time and talent to local charities.
- Highlight local charities you support on social media to build awareness of all the good they do for the city.
For more ways to give back and improve our community visit United Way of Greater Kanas City.