Do you have a closing coming up and find yourself coming up blank with thank you gift ideas? Let me help you brainstorm gifts that ensure your clients remember you long past the day of their home purchase.
Consider a “one-size-fits-all” closing gift you can give that will fit the majority, if not all, of your clients. Be sure to add “closing gift arrangements” to your client’s transaction checklist to keep it front-of-mind during the transaction. If you want the gift to be more personalized, listen to your clients as you move through the transaction and pick up on any comments they make about their lifestyle, children’s likes and needs or special pets—mainly, what you know will be especially appreciated when they make their move.
If are more the one go-to gift type of person, consider the following:
- A basket filled with essentials for moving day: paper towels, toilet paper and basic cleaning supplies. Use your imagination!
- A cute “Welcome” doormat.
- A seasonal plant for their porch. If you are a DIY kind of person, personalize the pot or a stepping stone for their yard.
- Arrange to have the locks re-keyed, and present the new keys on a keychain engraved with your info on it. There are lots of places you can find the cute ones shaped like a house.
- Arrange doggy day care time on moving day with our preferred vendor, Kennel Creek.
- Framed signs displaying the longitude and latitude of their home, customized with their name.
- Make a donation to either their favorite charity or cause or one that you consistently work with. If it is one you work with, include that info on the card.
- Movie tickets and popcorn in a cute and cheap popcorn bucket for a treat post-move.
Your thank you needs to be thoughtful, but it doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming if you put a little effort into it ahead of time. For example, consider developing a gift strategy during your business planning process for next year!